366 Project – February

With a mixture of cold days, hot days, rainy days, and windy days, February came and went. Through it all my 366 project is still going strong. I’m learning quite a bit about my editing style and my favorite point of views along the way. One thing you’ll notice is that when it comes to men in my family I have to play paparazzi. They’re not always 100% willing to play model for me and that’s okay. I like a challenge. The girl though…that girl is almost ALWAYS in front of my lens and happy to do so. She’s my dancing, singing, little show stopper and she likes it that way, mommy does too.

This month was fairly calm. We had some bumps in the road, as we usually do, but that’s not out of the norm. What’s life without a few pot holes, eh? The biggest event of the month was shooting my first wedding (read all about Cindy and Kelli here). That was a pretty big deal for me overall and a huge step for my career and figuring out where I want to go with my photography. One of my photos from my 366 Project was featured on Beyond the Wanderlust for Daily Fan Favorite  (see it here) which blew my freakin’ mind because I still feel like a baby photographer. Other than that it was the usual daily routine in the Alexander household, but that doesn’t mean the moments weren’t any less special.

Here are days 32 – 60 of my 366 Project.

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

*XOXO

Signature

16 Comments Add yours

1. Lindsay says:

Your photos are stunning!! Inspires me to use my camera more then just my iPhone for pictures of my daughter!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you girl!! Get behind that camera!

2. globalmunchkins82 says:

For a baby photographer you are flippin’ amazing. Wow- lady!!!! Love love love!!! I really wish I could photograph better. Can’t wait to check back in and see more of your work. Congrats on your first wedding too! That’s amazing!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much!! I appreciate the wonderful compliment. I’ve only been actively at this for about 9 months now but I love it.

3. anniebobs85 says:

Some gorgeous photos here – I love the black and white bath one. I need to use my camera more, I always end up using my phone because it’s quicker and easier to catch the little ones! Well done on shooting your first wedding, I hope you learned a lot from it.

1. Thank you so much! I did learn a lot!

4. Becky Jones says:

I once started a 365 project uploading onto Flickr. I failed miserably and could not take a photo everyday for a year. Good luck with yours, your photos are lovely.

Becky | http://www.thebiglphotographyblog.blogspot.co.uk

1. I failed my first 365 too. I had to give it another shot so here I am. Thank you!

5. thewordhermit says:

Cool! I did a 365 project in 2010 and fell head-over-heels in love with photography. I haven’t looked back. Your photos are beautiful.

1. Thank you! I’m head over heels myself!

6. sveeteskapes says:

Such a great idea, Amanda! Love how you have taken this up as a challenge and are going strong. Haha why would the mean have a problem posing for you, your photos are beautiful and they should be thanking you 😉
    I love the black and white pics and the ones where the sun rays are peeping through your subject! You inspire me to invest more time in photography too!!
    xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com

1. My boys just aren’t fans of having their photos taken. My husband I can talk into it but my son is like pulling teeth. I’m so happy to have inspired someone!

7. You have such a gift capturing the beautiful everyday things 🙂

1. Thank you! It’s such a challenge but I’m happy to know that I’m succeeding at it.

8. Lana LeFevre says:

Beautiful moments captured of each day! This is a great idea.

1. Thank you Lana! It’s definitely a challenge but I’m loving it and learning so much.